What is Tai Chi 24 form ?
Tai Chi 24 form is one of the traditional arts of the Han nationality, belong to the simple Taijiquan in People's Republic of China after the establishment of the implementation of the. In order to facilitate the promotion of Taijiquan in the broad masses of people in 1956 based on Young's Taijiquan on deleting difficult and repetitive movements, is a short version of Taiji composed of twenty-four unique movements. select 24, into "Tai Chi 24 form ".
"Tai chi for Health Maintenance and Improvement" is a routine which coordinates the movements of hands ,body and feet.Therefore，one should first understand the integrity of the movements insideand outside．The mind，the action and the breath should be coordinated with each other(“If one part moves，all others follow；if one part stops，all stop”)．This iS the same theory that the Chinese traditional medicine applies in treatment of diseases．The principle of practicing Tai Chi is directing Qi and the body movement with the mind while the waist plays the key role in the process．This approach combines the mind，the breath and the body together to create the unique Tai Chi motion style．It can be used for fitness，curing disease，and strengthening physique.
- Commencing (Qǐshì, 起势), Preparation, Beginning
- Part the Wild Horse's Mane (Zuoyou Yémǎ Fēnzōng, 左右野马分鬃), LEFT and RIGHT
- White Crane Spreads Its Wings (Báihè Lìangchì, 白鹤亮翅), Stork/Crane Cools Its Wings
- Brush Knee and Step Forward (Zuoyou Lōuxī Àobù, 左右搂膝拗步), Brush Knee and Twist Step, LEFT and RIGHT
- Playing the Lute (Shǒuhūi Pípā, 手挥琵琶), Strum the Lute, Play Guitar
- Reverse Reeling Forearm (Zuoyou Dào juǎn gōng, 左右倒卷肱), Step Back and Drive Monkey Away, LEFT and RIGHT
- Left Grasp Sparrow's Tail (Zuo Lǎn Què Wěi, 左揽雀尾), Grasp the Bird's Tail Ward Off (Bing, 掤) Rollback (Lǚ, 捋) Press (Jǐ, 擠) Push (Àn, 按)
- Right Grasp Sparrow's Tail (You Lǎn què wěi, 右揽雀尾)
- Single Whip (Dān biān, 单鞭)
- Wave Hands Like Clouds (Yúnshǒu, 云手), Cloud Hands, Cloud Built Hands, Wave Hands in Clouds
- Single Whip (Danbian, 单鞭)
- High Pat on Horse (Gāo tàn mǎ, 高探马), Step Up to Examine Horse
- Right Heel Kick (Yòu dēng jiǎo, 右蹬脚), Separate Right Foot, Kick with Right Foot
- Strike to Ears with Both Fists (Shuāng fēng guàn ěr, 双峰贯耳)
- Turn Body and Left Heel Kick (Zhuǎnshēn zuǒ dēngjiǎo, 转身左蹬脚)
- Left Lower Body and Stand on One Leg (Zuo Xià shì dúlì, 左下势独立) Single Whip Squatting Down, Snake Creeps Down, Golden Rooster Stands on One Leg, Golden Bird Standing Alone
- Right Lower Body and Bird Stand on One Leg (You Xià shì dúlì, 右下势独立)
- Shuttle Back and Forth (Yòuzuǒ yùnǚ chuānsuō, 右左玉女穿梭), Fair Lady Works with Shuttles, (Walking Wood), Four Corners, RIGHT and LEFT
- Needle at Sea Bottom (Hǎidǐ zhēn, 海底针)
- Fan Through Back (Shǎn tōng bì, 闪通臂), Fan Penetrates Back
- Turn Body, Deflect, Parry, and Punch (Zhuǎnshēn Bānlánchuí, 转身搬拦捶)
- Appears Closed (Rúfēng shìbì, 如封似闭), Withdraw and Push, as if Closing a Door
- Cross Hands (Shízìshǒu, 十字手)
- Closing (Shōushì, 收势)
While practicing Tai Chi, one should maintain a peaceful mind all the time. With the concept of tranquility in mind, relax the muscle in every movement; use the mind to lead the motion. Keep a natural breath and move in a curve, gradually achieving the goal of uniting all the joints and muscles together and coordinate vertical and horizontal movements. Use the waist as an axle to lead other parts to move evenly, smoothly and continuously. Keep the upper body upright, the head and coccyx on a vertical line. Avoid pushing the chest out, protruding the stomach, bowing
the head, bending waist, arching back or raising the buttocks. Eyes follow the hands; draw the head upward; relax the neck without being stiff. Close the mouth lightly with the tip of the tongue touching the palate lightly, and tuck in the chin slightly. Relax and sink the shoulders and elbows. Alternate steps between solid and empty. A single leg supports the weight most the time and keeps the body balanced during the movements. Breathe through the abdomen; keep the abdomen strong and the chest open all the time. Keep the upper body agile and lower body stable. As the breath
becomes deeper, slower, thinner and more even, physical strength will be improved. Once a movement comes close to an end, relax and sink the waist, relax the hips; lead the energy up to the fingertips and down to the toes with the mind. Eyes follow the hands and observe around, full of spirit.
Keep the shoulders and hips, elbows and knees, hands and feet, and both hands cooperating with each other in six directions: up and down, left and front and back. Perfect the postures; stand upright with high spirit right,and a peaceful mind. Relax the body and move evenly and stably.
How to Tai Chi training with us?
Coming to the Handan TaiChi Kung Fu School to start your Tai Chi Training is easy.
- Simply click on the book now button (to the Below) and fill in a quick application form.
- We will contact you to confirm your booking and training your dates.
- Come to the school and start your training
- Get in fantastic shape & have an amazing experience!
Book Your Place Now
Below is the list of knowledge.
- What is tai chi - Tai chi Is to China traditional philosophy of Confucianism and Taoism in Tai Chi, yin and Yang dialectical philosophy as the core idea .
- Qigong - Chi Kung is aholistic system of coordinated body posture and movement, breathing, and meditation used for health, spirituality, and martial arts training.
- Tai Chi for Beginner - Guide to Tai Chi beginner. good start, almost anyone can learn this.
- Tai Chi Workout Tips - Getting the Most Out of Your Tai Chi Workout
- Why Learn Tai Chi - Learning tai chi can be one of the most enjoyable and beneficial .
- Tai Chi Master - About chinese Tai Chi master.
- Tai Chi Classes - About our school tai chi Training Time
- Tai chi for health - Taiji form of exercise can help maintain strength, flexibility, and balance, and could be the perfect activity for the rest of your life.