Tai Chi for Beginners
Tai chi is learned as a series of movements. Learn enough of the movements and you’ve learned a tai chi form or set. A number of tai chi forms have been created, but some are definitely better for beginners than others.
Tai chi is different from most other forms of movement and exercise because it’s a way to work directly with one’s qi, or life force.
Qi, Life Force. Only the living are imbued with qi. A lack of qi leaves one sluggish and dull—and in its complete absence, dead . With an abundance of qi, one feels vibrant, alive, and alert to the possibilities of life.
The Best Tai Chi Style for Beginners
If a style is naturally more comfortable and easier for you to learn and remember, you are more likely to finish learning it, remember the order of the moves and practice it on your own. That said, the following points should be considered when choosing a style:
- The physical coordination skills of the Yang Style Tai chi , Wu and Hao styles are usually the easiest to learn, the combination styles are in the middle and the Chen style Tai chi is the most difficult.
- If your body is extremely tight and your goal is to get stretched out, the large styles of tai chi will initially work faster, especially for the legs and hips. However, the smaller styles will also get the same job done over time.
- For those with a bad lower back or injured knees, forms with higher rather than lower stances are better. Smaller frame styles tend to have higher stances.
- Large styles initially make it easier to develop leg strength because of their longer and deeper stances.
- Smaller styles make it easier to access the more internal work tai chi has to offer, including making it easier to work directly with the internal organs.
The Benefits of tai chi chuan :
- Improve your health and quality of life
- Enjoy the gentle tai chi movements
- Improve relax and harmony
- Enjoy learning an art that you can continue to grow and progress
- Improve muscular strength, fitness and flexibility
- Enjoy camaraderie of tai chi friends
- Improve balance and confidence
Let the benefits and philosophy of tai chi be with you as you go about your day.
Warming up your body is important for facilitating Tai Chi movements. According to Tai Chi instructor Ellae Elinwood in her book, "Stay Young With Tai Chi," Tai Chi warm ups not only help open your body, they also promote a relaxed attitude and encourage a state of well being. One basic Tai Chi warm up is the waist loosening exercise. Stand with your feet parallel and slightly wider than hip-width distance apart. Relax your arms by your sides. Rotate your hips to the right and then the left, allowing your arms to follow the movement of your body. Let your arms hang loosely and flap against your body as you make each rotation. When your body has warmed up, incorporate your neck, shoulders and spine in the rotations, making each movement smooth and fluid.
You may find, with practices like this, that your days as well as your life can be rounder, fuller, and smoother—just like well-executed tai chi moves.
How to Learn Tai Chi for Beginners?
If you are searching for a good place to Learn Tai Chi Kung fu in China, Handan Taichi Kung Fu School is the best choice. Improve your tai chi techniques. Learn Tai Chi And Martial Arts in China! China is the most popular destination of martial arts enthusiasts.
Handan Taichi Kungfu School, located in Handan City（China ancient capital,Birthplace of Taichi,Cultural city ,Martial arts village）.
How to Tai Chi training with us?
Coming to the Handan TaiChi Kung Fu School to start your Tai Chi Training is easy.
- Simply click on the book now button (to the Below) and fill in a quick application form.
- We will contact you to confirm your booking and training your dates.
- Come to the school and start your training
- Get in fantastic shape & have an amazing experience!
Book Your Place Now
Below is the list of knowledge.
- What is tai chi - Tai chi Is to China traditional philosophy of Confucianism and Taoism in Tai Chi, yin and Yang dialectical philosophy as the core idea .
- Qigong - Chi Kung is aholistic system of coordinated body posture and movement, breathing, and meditation used for health, spirituality, and martial arts training.
- Tai Chi for Beginner - Guide to Tai Chi beginner. good start, almost anyone can learn this.
- Tai Chi Workout Tips - Getting the Most Out of Your Tai Chi Workout
- Why Learn Tai Chi - Learning tai chi can be one of the most enjoyable and beneficial .
- Tai Chi Master - About chinese Tai Chi master.
- Tai Chi Classes - About our school tai chi Training Time
- Tai chi for health - Taiji form of exercise can help maintain strength, flexibility, and balance, and could be the perfect activity for the rest of your life.