Tai chi chen
The Chen family-style (陳家、陳氏 or 陳式 太極拳) is the oldest and parent form of the five traditional family styles. Chen style tai Chi chuan is characterized by Silk reeling (chán sī jìn; 纏絲勁), alternating fast/slow motion and bursts of power (fa jin; 發勁). Although it is characterized by low powerful stances, more obvious body coiling movements, stomping, and explosive releases of power that are mostly absent from the practice of other styles of Taijiquan, Chen Style Tai Chi Chuan can also be practiced with graceful, slow, and light movements. The martial aspects and health benefits are still preserved and retained within the Chen Taijiquan system.
Tai chi chuan, is a martial art rooted in the Daoist concepts of the interplay and necessary balance of yin and yang. The yin and yang are viewed as complimentary opposites - each fundamentally relies upon, and gives birth to, the other. So, for example, a fundamental theory of Tai chi is that hardness comes from softness and quickness comes from slowness. In Taiji practice emphasis is placed on relaxing the body and calming and focusing the mind. Taiji form movement is performed slowly, accentuating the intention, mechanics, accuracy, and precision of the motion. By practicing in accordance with Taiji principles of softness and slowness, the practitioner will paradoxically begin to experience a quality of hardness and strength and efficiency of movement that are significantly different from that of ordinary natural ability.
The theory and practice of Tai chi chuan
Tai chi is not always done in slow motion. The tai chi Chen style includes a number of fast, explosive moves--jumping kicks, cannon fists, and thundering stomps—even for beginners.
If you’re athletically inclined or are looking for an exciting tai chi style, consider the Chen.
Silk Reeling. A trademark of the Chen tai chi style is its use of silk reeling energy. Imagine the laborious task of unraveling—in a single thread--a silk worm’s cocoon. A light touch with a smooth, circular motion as well as an even, continuous pressure is needed to have any hope of this.
This type of silk reeling energy is generated by the external coiling movements in the Chen forms. The technique uses the smooth generation of energy for the explosive release.
The tai chi Chen style is rewarding and exciting, particularly those looking for a more physically challenging workout.
Book Your Place Now
Below is the list of knowledge.
- What is tai chi - Tai chi Is to China traditional philosophy of Confucianism and Taoism in Tai Chi, yin and Yang dialectical philosophy as the core idea .
- Qigong - Chi Kung is aholistic system of coordinated body posture and movement, breathing, and meditation used for health, spirituality, and martial arts training.
- Tai Chi for Beginner - Guide to Tai Chi beginner. good start, almost anyone can learn this.
- Tai Chi Workout Tips - Getting the Most Out of Your Tai Chi Workout
- Why Learn Tai Chi - Learning tai chi can be one of the most enjoyable and beneficial .
- Tai Chi Master - About chinese Tai Chi master.
- Tai Chi Classes - About our school tai chi Training Time
- Tai chi for health - Taiji form of exercise can help maintain strength, flexibility, and balance, and could be the perfect activity for the rest of your life.